Sunday, October 9, 2011

Glee Highlights: Season Three, Episode 3 - Asian F

Okay, let's get straight into it.

First of all:

Santana's Back
So....anyone can just mess up, set fire to public property and then just come back into the Glee club with no explanation whatsoever? That seems.....too convenient. I hope this gets addressed later on.

Figgins!
FIGGINS! I love that he's still afraid of Tina. Also, this scene between Figgins, Mike Chang, Snr and Mike Chang, Jnr was just great. Asian F? LOVE IT.

Mercedes' Audition
How gorgeous was this dress? It flattered her perfectly. The song was great as well.

Brittany Runs the World
Okay, number one, this has to be the most stripperrific song ever. The choreography, Brittany's outfit, just everything about it. Number two, I don't really like the song to begin with - it's just a bunch of aggressive shouting, and no matter who sings it, that ain't going to change. Number three, is it just me or are the gratuitous ass shots of the cheerleaders increasing? Number four, I bet you Brittany wins the election.

Mike Chang
...continues to be wonderful. I loved this scene of him in the rehearsal room. The few minutes with his mother later on were also nicely done. It was great to have a Mike Chang-centric storyline. I hope it continues.

Mike Chang's Audition
See? Awesome.

Mercedes Quits
Dear Mercedes: Yeah, you may be better than Rachel Berry some of the time. But she lives and breathes performing, puts in the hard yards and gets rewarded for it. You cannot just act like because you can sing, everything should be handed to you on a platter without you putting in MORE effort than everyone else. Everything Mr. Schue said was true. You're being a brat. Oh, and also: have you even SEEN Vocal Adrenaline perform? What makes you think Shelby isn't going to be three times as hard on you than Mr. Schue? That lady demands perfection. With your attitude, you aren't going to make it far. From, Julia.

It's All Over
I LOVED this number. It was a great use of a majority of the cast, and I need a floor length, 60s style pink sequined evening gown ASAP.

Emma's Issues
Holy shiiiiiit. That girl's parents are CRAY-ZEEEEEE. No wonder she is messed up, with ginger supremacists as parents. I'm glad Will stood up to them, and this scene between them in their bedroom was heartbreaking. Jayma Mays was brilliant.

Mercedes Joins a New Glee Club
Dear Mercedes: See above. Same verse, same as the first. Cut it out.




Pin It

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm still struggling a bit with Glee this season, I must admit. So much of the time, I Just Don't Care. I completely agree with you about the ass-shots and stripperism, and the Mercedes storyline. Ugh. But also, like you, that bedroom scene with Emma was beautifully done and yay Mark Chang and sparkly dresses!

P.S. Needs more Blaine. Forever,

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Hannah, I've quite enjoyed the first three episodes - they're much stronger than I expected them to be!

Natalie said...

I've always found there to be something thorughly unlikeable about Mercedes.

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Natalie, they're certainly playing to those allusions at the moment! It will be interesting to see where they go with her character.