Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Beauty Spot - Wet n Wild

When my sister bought me the Urban Decay Naked Palette from the USA last month, I also asked her to go to the drugstore and pick up a handful of eyeshadows by cheapo brand Wet n Wild.


And as you can see, she did!

I had heard that this brand has really awesome colours and that the pigment sticks like nobody's business.

And it does! The colours are fantastically bright and the pigment is really thick and easy to apply.  I also love that they have suggestions about where to put them on your eyes (which is super helpful when you're running late for work and you don't have time to experiment). Basically the quality is a lot better than some of the cheapo brands I've tried here.

I really want to try that three colour palette on the bottom right of the picture, but I don't know if I can carry off bright pink eyeshadow. It is a kick-ass colour though, so we'll see.

Oh, and this entire collection cost me about $30AUD. Not bad, huh?


Pin It

6 comments:

Dee said...

I'm a fan, especially since they seem to have improved the formula. I've got a couple of the older ones - Cool as A Cucumber, Walking on Eggshells and something I can't remember, and they are not quite as smooth as the newer ones like Comfort Zone (my FAAAAVOURITE) and Silent Treatment.

I'm kind of glad they don't sell them here, because they would be totally overpriced. I buy mine from Nonpareil when they have their 20% off sales, and even with shipping it's Bargain City.

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Oh, thanks Dee - I was wondering where I could buy them online! Will investigate that site ASAP.

I just couldn't believe how much colour went on with just a few strokes of the brush!

Anna @ IHOD said...

K I think I need to try this. I have heard that they are great!

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Anna, they're great! Not the best, BEST eyeshadows in the world, but for a bargain brand they were really good quality. I'm having fun playing with the different colours each morning.

Keely aka The Richest Girl in Bondi said...

Thanks for the hot tip! It's always great to get a good 'sticky' colour. Don't be shy of the bright pink. Try applying it similarly to eye liner - really makes the eyes pop!

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Keely, I'm terrible at eyeliner, I barely wear it anyway since I have small eyes. I must learn the proper technique so I can use bright colours like liner.

Thanks for stopping by!