Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Glee Highlights: Season 2, Episode 17: A Night of Neglect

Yay, Glee is back! 

But what a lacklustre episode. To be honest, there weren't that many high points for me, but there were a few amusing bits.

The Academic Decathlon Team
How cute was their little team gesture thingie? With the pushing up the glasses motion? What would you call it? Not handshake, not motto.....I'm drawing a blank here, people.

Brittany's Expertise
Of course she would be an expert on cat diseases. She and her cat do have a very close relationship - it does read her diary after all.

Sue's League of Doom
FYI - Google Honey Badger. It really is the most fearless animal on the planet.

Also:
Gayest supervillan ensemble ever, yes?

Lauren Zizes
Okay, this isn't actually amusing. I found the whole Lauren is Mercedes' manager storyline really lame - there had to be a better way to get Mercedes to fight for her solo than to sulk and make stupid demands. I am also really, really sick of the Lauren character. I don't think she adds anything to the show and to be honest, the actress is really bad at enunciating. REALLY BAD. To the point where I often think she is slurring her words all the time. I'm ready for her to leave the Glee Club, like, yesterday.

Gwyneth as Wallis
I loved her brief summary - nazi sympathiser, possible hermaphrodite, giant hands. Mostly I loved the outfit. That's a teacher who really committed to the part. I need that brooch and hair clip ASAP.

Dustin Goolsby - coach of Vocal Adrenaline
Most hilariously offensive pick up lines ever - "Those aren't eggs in those fallopian tubes, they're rare, exotic pearls" and "my hairline is 85% my own and my sperm count is off the charts" Hotttttt.

Mike Chang's dancing
Awesome as always. Seriously, he makes it look so easy. You know what I didn't love though? All the freaking camera cut aways. Watching someone dancing only to have the camera zoom in constantly so you can't see their actual dancing? BAD IDEA.

Gwyneth sings Adele
The metaphor. LET ME SHOW YOU IT. Seriously, the metaphor was laid on so thick I could have spread it on some bread and made Will Schuester eat a metaphor sandwich. But sadly he probably STILL wouldn't get it. SHE'S LEAVING YOU THROUGH SONG, MORON! I really hope I get to scream that at someone one day.

Mercedes' Solo
Hair fascinator? Stunning. Dress? Beautiful. Song? Fantastic. Rachel was right - no one could follow that. NO ONE.



Pin It

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I thought Gwyneth did a decent job of the Adele song, I was rather surprised.

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Yeah, she wasn't bad at all. I just found the whole thing LADEN WITH METAPHORE and it was a bit much, you know?